Who is eligible?
In order to qualify for VNA Meals on Wheels, you must:
- be over the age of 60 or disabled,
- be unable to drive or leave your home without assistance,
- have limited financial resources, and
- live in Dallas County.
Client Services PDF
How to apply:
If you or a loved one would like to apply to receive meals through VNA's Meals on Wheels program, you must complete the VNA Meals on Wheels application form and return to VNA Meals on Wheels via fax or email (fax: (214) 689-2268; email: Danalee Morgan email@example.com) in order to begin the application process.
How to complete the VNA Meals on Wheels application form:
Referral Source section: Completed by the person making the referral.
Referral Options section: Chose one of the following options:
- No Cost Option: The referral will be submitted for review by one of our funding sources. VNA Meals on Wheels are funded by state agencies and also private community donations. Due to the high demand for VNA Meals on Wheels, it can take up to 8 weeks for response either by phone or by mail.
- Self Pay Option: The client can choose to purchase the amount of meals they would like to receive per week. Each meal is $5.50. With this option the client can begin service within 2 business days.
Client Information section: Information for person needing service.
Does client live alone? If No, indicate age and if disabled
Is client disabled? If Yes, indicate major disability
Is client a Veteran? Yes or No
Spouse or Widow of Veteran? If Yes, indicate: Spouse or Widow
Does client have a nurse or caregiver? If Yes, indicate: Nurse: Hours per week
Caregiver: Hours per week
Does client have Medicare or Medicaid? If Yes, indicate: Medicare or Medicaid
Is client under Superior or Molina? If Yes, indicate: Superior or Molina
Client's mode of Transportation
Does client require assistance to leave home? Indicate: Drive, Escort or Public
Monthly Income? Indicate amount
For clients residing in Dallas County, call Danalee Morgan at (214) 689-2681 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note VNA Meals on Wheels provides meal delivery service for Dallas County residents only. A list of surrounding Meals on Wheels locations are listed below. Additional Meals on Wheels locations may be found by visiting www.MOWAA.org
|Denton County (Lewisville, The Colony)||940-382-2224|
|Ellis County (Ennis, Ferris)||972-351-9943|
|Kaufman County (Terrell)||972-563-7960|
|Kaufman County (Forney, Crandall)||972-564-7348|
|Metro Port Area (Grapevine, Roanoke, Keller)||817-491-1141|
|Smith County (Tyler)||903-593-7385|
|Van Zandt County (Canton)||903-593-7385|
|Jewish Family Services-Kosher meals (Dallas/Denton)||972-437-9950|