VNA Care Choices
Supportive Care and Flexible Treatment
Following the diagnosis of a life-limiting illness, you will likely have many questions and your needs may change. VNA is offering a new service in the continuum of care while providing additional support services to you or your loved one. Patients receive supportive care while keeping flexibility with treatment decisions. Our expert staff will also help you and your family navigate the medical system, weigh options and communicate with your physicians.
Freedom of Choice
VNA Care Choices provides supportive care services
in the home. Patients may continue to receive
curative treatment from other Medicare providers while
utilizing this program.
The program gives patients and families greater control in care decisions. You will have access to a dedicated care team to manage pain and other symptoms along with spiritual, social and emotional support. Your care team will include the following professionals:
- Dedicated social worker
VNA Care Choices offers a variety of services tailored to
meet your individual needs to increase quality of life.
This new approach provides care coordination and supportive services in the home without discontinuing other treatment options. Your continued care along with VNA’s supportive services will improve patient outcomes through the following:
- Supportive care services provided in a traditional home setting
- RN care coordination
- Navigate patient-centered goals
- Facilitate communication between you and care providers regarding treatment options
- 24/7 nurse access for triage services
- Bridging into hospice care if you decide you no longer want curative treatment
You may be eligible for the VNA Care Choices program if you meet the following criteria:
- In need of support services to manage symptoms andimprove quality of life
- Terminal diagnosis of CHF, COPD, HIV/AIDS or end stage cancer
- At least one hospital stay within the previous 12 months
- Enrolled in a traditional Medicare plan with Medicare as the primary payer